Monday, December 24, 2012

2012, this year...

This year was the weakest year for Web Wings since its inception; it will have only 6 posts in the archive of 2012 once this article is published. And the discredit entirely goes to me.

It’s not that I was inactive throughout the year or I did not write anything. I wrote, I kept on thinking on various things day and night; it was one of the busiest year for me. Probably that was the reason I did not get much time for blogging here.

Finally, I got some time today (thanks to bad health). Thought I should feed my blog today. As I write this article, waves of thoughts keep coming in my mind and they are random. When I think, the topics do not come to my mind in the right order or in a sequence and I think it happens with everybody. So I would write a lot of things, as they come in my mind.

This year, for the first time, I realized that I was growing old. There was a time when I could walk hours without any problem, I could work late in night and get up in the morning without any lethargy, I could climb stairs easily. However, I am having difficulties doing all these things of late.

This year, for the first time, I realized how the Indian culture and tradition, the trends that prevail in typical north Kolkata families, sense of responsibilities have become an integral part of me. As I see my son and my niece growing older, I keep on thinking how to give them the best cultural atmosphere, how to show them the true Indian lifestyle, how to impart good habits in them and how to let them experience the benefits of living in a joint family. This has helped me become more mature.

This year, for the first time, I have started thinking about my own behavior and activities. What is right and what is wrong, what will lead me to the ultimate goal in my life, whether I should do this or that – I started asking this kind of questions to myself.

This year, for the first time, we celebrated birthday of my son and niece. That’s a new thing in my life!

This year, I started working with Sramana Mitra as an ambassador for 1M/1M. I had a session at Startup Saturday for the first time; I won 1M/1M premium membership too. We organized Pitch Fest for Entrepreneurs in Kolkata on Nov 1 – something that happened first time in Kolkata.

This year, I started working with Aji at TechShu from March. It is a great experience indeed.

This year, I suffered from stiff neck many times, and finally have been diagnosed with spondylosis.

This year, we celebrated 70th birth anniversary of Guruji, Pandit Manas Chakraborty who left us for heavenly abode on 12.12.12.

This year, for the first time, I started taking care of the core official activities of Paramparik.

This year, for the first time, I said NO to a lot of offers and to a lot of people. I rejected the ideas and proposals which were not going to help me anyway.

This year, for the first time, I tried to define the goals of my life. Instead of encouraging hundreds of temptations that come to my way, I tried to figure out what is the one thing that I want to achieve in life – something that would make me happy and make my life meaningful. I would not say that I am done with it, but the process has started and will continue in 2013.

All the good things that I did this year will continue in 2013. I have identified certain gaps in myself; I would try my best to fill them up.

To sympathize with the Delhi gang-rape victim, I am not celebrating Christmas this year. Wish all of us would find the solutions to our problems next year and we would be able to build a better nation. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hmmm! So many happenings in 2012... Nice effort but some incidents were truly painful...!