Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Wish you a Happy Bandh! Enjoy a lot!

Bandh! Two mid-week 'holdiays'! What else office goers can dream of? A person like me – lazy, semi-slacker, timid and homesick would make use of such opportunities (hope my employer is not reading my blog)! I wake up late in the morning and planned for a great lunch. However, some people are really tired of Bandhs; they have somehow managed to go to office. Some of them have spent past night there in the office and some have paid high transportation fare while going to office in the morning.

I made a post about Bandh in past also: Bandh is not the right pill to swallow! Hence I have no plans to repeat the same thing. Bandh used to be the means of protesting and getting the demands of labors sanctioned in past. It’s not suitable in present scenario. Moreover, frequency of Bandhs has made it less important, so I hardly inquire about the basis of the Bandhs nowadays. BUT, if a political party calls on a Reverse Bandh: all offices will stay opened on Sunday and workers have to work for an extra day, I am sure it will help to bring the issues under the lime light and more people will be concerned.

So leaders: be creative and innovative. Try a Reverse Bandh and see the result.


Technorati Tags: , , , ,

No comments: