- You need to UNDERSTAND the subject you will be writing on.
- Everybody has their OWN WAY of understanding.
- Gather information as much as I can
- Read them fast
- Start writing within 1 hour
- I needed to consult the original copy several times
- It took much time to complete writing the content
- I got panicky
- And it took even longer time to finish
But the thing that amazed me was the speed that I used to pick up at the latter span of the writing. For example, when I was asked to write 10 articles of ‘Breastfeeding and Nursing’, first 4 articles took 3 days, whereas, I completed 6 articles in a single day working 8 hours only.
Of late, I started realizing that once I could grab the subject, the speed would increase automatically. I also realized that I can digest the subject after at least one sleep, I need to go to bed with the topic in my mind – that helps me understand it very well.
Now, I follow these techniques whenever I get a new assignment. I know I need some time to get a hold on the subject. So I spend time searching resources on the web, reading websites and blogs, newspapers etc. Then I start writing slowly. If it takes 50% of time to read and understand, I do not panic. I know I can finish it up in the slog over!
The reason I shared my own experience with you is I wanted to tell you that follow the way you are comfortable with. Understand your way of thinking; that will really help you in your work.
Technorati Tags: Content Writing, Web Content Writer, Web Copy Writing