Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Why Blog?

Since I am receiving more queries on blogging nowadays there are reasons to think that blogging is getting more and more popular among the mass. If someone asks me what is a blog all about? I usually reply that “Blog is your own webpage that you can use as you want”. I think that is a good definition! But if someone continues to inquire then I must unfold the layers…

Purpose of blogging: earlier people used to say that a blog is a personal diary or journal that is available online. Probably that was the objective of blogging at that time. But as Change is the only Constant in this universe, the concept of blogging has been also changed with time.

Business Houses now maintain their own blogs to reach to more people nowadays. Even Google has its own blog where Google personnel discuss various services. The term Blog is attaining a larger shape day by day and I guess it will replace terms like web portal, webpage or even website in future.

So one reason to have a blog is doing business. Another good reason to have a blog is earning money independently. Google AdSense is a good concept that helps webmasters and bloggers earn revenue by displaying Ads on their websites and blogs. The AdSense works very nicely. In my opinion, the AdSense-AdWords service is a million dollar concept of Google. (Keep watching my blog, I will be posting more on this within a week)

People also maintain blogs to publish online magazines, news items and all. The magic of such blogs are once they are popular, the owner might earn huge money through space selling and advertisements. So blogs are good tools to earn money, no argument right?

Any other purpose of blogging? Yes definitely. I blog to write down whatever I learn (I am not writing the details of my music classes here, perhaps I will be creating a new blog for that). So I need not take classes when to teach something new. All I will do is post the topic in my blog and ask people to read it. If they have any queries, they can comment here and can email me as well.

So my blog is my identity. Why do you blog?

No comments: