Thursday, August 28, 2008

Writers' Block

When it started I thought I have lost my ability of writing and that I am no more creative. Or I was never creative in my life; I just pretended to be creative.

It is painful. I was unable to write a single sentence properly. I do not know when it started, but suddenly I realized that I cannot write.

I thought it is happening to me only because I am a bad writer. I was about to enter into a prolonged depression.

Then I started searching for "how to write" – thank God that I did! I found this phrase: Writers’ Block.

Wikipedia says:

Writer's block is a phenomenon involving temporary loss of ability to begin or continue writing, usually due to lack of inspiration or creativity.

And there is a big article in about.com on how to overcome this.

The points mentioned there are really useful. I changed my chair, stopped writing on few projects for sometime, started writing on topics that I like, gave a pause, discontinued all connections with internet and read some good books and stories which include Happy Prince!

And now, I am feeling much better...got back the urge to write. I am trying to change my writing style as well. Soon I will start writing more for Indian audience.

My plan of buying a mobile handset is still true; got tempted to know iphone is coming to India. However, I think an advanced handset will be ok for me for the time being.

No comments: